Contact Us 24/7 206-274-9997


Can I be compensated for my injury?

Posted by Soholm Law Firm | May 31, 2020 | 0 Comments

If you experience injury on the job, you may be eligible for worker's compensation if the injury happened due to an event connected to your employment. However, it is important to understand the basics of workers compensation to understand what would qualify your injury.    In order for worker's compensation insurance to cover an injury, it must be work-related. According to Findlaw, A work-related injury is an injury that occurs when you are acting on behalf of your employer or is otherwise related to your work.    Does “work-related” mean “at the workplace?”    In the broadest sense, most work-related injuries happen when the employee is at the place of employment. However, this is not necessarily the case. Particularly if you work in an environment where you may not be in the same place every day, the actual legal location of the company you work for may not matter. For instance, if you sustained an injury while in a company-owned vehicle or on a construction site that is not owned by your company, you are still eligible for workers compensation.    Am I eligible if I got injured during work-related socializing?    In the event that you are at a company-sponsored dinner or party, you may still be eligible for worker's compensation if you sustain an injury. However, if you are casually socializing with your superiors, then worker's compensation would not apply to any injuries sustained. So if you end up injured at the yearly holiday party, there is a good chance you may be eligible. If you are simply going out to drinks after work with your immediate supervisor, worker's compensation will not cover this.

About the Author


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Get reliable legal advice for your personal injury case today.

Soholm Law Firm, PLLC is committed to answering your questions about Motorcycle Accidents, Car & Truck Accidents, Premises Liability Claims, Workers' Compensation, and General Practice law issues in Washington State.

We offer a free consultation and we'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

Virtual Office

By Appointment Only